Sunday, March 14, 2010

Laying pipe (3)

MRT Community,

I apologize for the very long post two days ago on the 1905 Awakening. (Sometimes I get carried away.) And, then, at the end of the post, I put the video of Dr. Orr teaching about that revival. Way too much info! I'm sorry.

A few of you actually made it all the way to the bottom of that post and watched the video. For those of you who didn't, I'm reposting it here. I think it's worth watching 5 minutes of your time. (The whole video is 27 minutes. But just watch 5 minutes.)

Why?

Well, for me it stimulates my faith and expands my vision for what could be. And, that vision is not just a "pipe dream" (!). It actually happened!

I can look at our Google map of Denver and see maybe 50 house churches be excited about that. http://www.coloradohousechurch.com/churches/

But, what if God wants to do something like 1905 again? What if 10% of the population (250,000 people) of Denver were born again? And, we needed 10,000 house churches to care for the new borns? What if God wants us to prepare now for that ("lay pipe")?

What if that happens in the city (region) you are called to?

So, give Dr. Orr five minutes and tell us what you hear from the Lord as you watch it.

John


3 comments:

  1. Great to hear some of the cities and regions represented in our "experiment" in this video! Chicago, Denver...and that was just the section I listened to. I find it interesting that humanity's response to other revivals is to study them, rather than praying for one. Maybe more than desiring revival - we should simply desire God, and in desiring him so purely, revival is simply an overflow of that desire. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hearing revival is a byproduct. Engaging God is a catalyst. Our work of tending soil is to equip people to be attentive to the Lord--his voice, his work, to engage Him and His work.

    "Miracles" were not a common part of my vocabulary or conscious experience growing up, except to meet them with skepticism. I am growing into a reframing of the word. I think it is time for us to watch and pray and steward what the Lord gives us. We are moving into a place that is new territory for me.

    I have had a question on my mind to ask the Lord, "What if we are not part of the revival?" I felt like a child even entertaining the question. I heard the words, "You will be part of it." The words struck deeply in my heart--the words felt healing to my Spirit. May it be so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hobby, I feel so very much that the Lord is pressing me to encourage you. You will indeed be part of it for you are already part of the preparation.

    Anyone who is centred on Christ rather than self (I mean really centred on Christ) will always be at the heart of revival. Jesus IS revival (I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life).

    Revival is not something that is occasionally granted from above, it's his people living and moving in step with him. When the Bride stops sitting on the sidelines and starts dancing with the Bridegroom we call it 'revival'!

    You are part of that!

    ReplyDelete