Thursday, March 25, 2010

Add your comment on "Five Minutes a Day"

Yesterday, I said...

I'm going to experiment with sending out a new blog post every other day for a while. My thinking is that we need more time to interact with the comments on one post before jumping to something new. (So, on the "non post" days, may I ask you to invest your five minutes in the comments from the last post.)

In response, Mark Willis (Chicago) made a great suggestion (the community of practice at work!) ...

I like the idea of "every other day" to give us a chance at diving deeper into comments - and maybe this is just my lizard brain talking - but I think you posting something each day (even simply posting a comment from the previous day's post) is helpful because it lands in my inbox each morning, reminding me about my "5 minutes a day" commitment.

Good idea, Mark! (I'm for giving our lizard brains all the help we can!) Let's try it. Let's experiment. (BTW, I'm working on a post about the value of "experiments" in starting CO2s, house churches, MRTs, etc.)

So, here's your 5 minutes for today. Go to yesterday's post (see link below). Go down to the comments and see if there's a comment you want to contribute to the conversation.

http://regionalrevolutionaries.blogspot.com/2010/03/seth-godin-on-five-minutes-day.html

Great to be on the journey with you all! -

John

2 comments:

  1. Giggling in AlbuquerqueMarch 25, 2010 at 5:47 PM

    Geesh, John! How many 'experiments' have you conducted in a lifetime, and how many more are ahead??? :-) One thing you help me do through these experiments is to be creative in my thinking. As you mentioned before, set a start and end date for the plan, lay it out, invite your friends, and see what happens. Seems like the risk of failure is less since you are investing in a shorter length of time, and the 'fall out' of members is less since we can evaluate it by the time we get to the prescibed end. I still chuckle with your experiments, but I am motivated to join you. Thanks! You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will follow up on yesterday's discussion. Thank you Chris for following up with me on goals.

    I did a couple of studies recently one was on the word "Plan" in scripture. Plan almost every time used in reference to man is evil, for God it is good. I do not know what angle to read plans from Proverbs if it is good for us or if it is really God's plan. An exception is that God honor's solomon's plan and affirms him.

    Another study was from the image of archery. Who is the archer? Am I or is God? In the cases of Scripture God is the archer. People and Nations are arrows and occasionally targets but not archers. As a side, it looks like it would be preferable to be the arrow of God than to be the target of God.

    That being said, Our target becomes God. We can live by faith knowing that he knows his aim and is a steady hand. It takes the pressure off in thinking about our sense of direction and accomplishment, but requires a lot of relearning and living by faith which can be difficult.

    ReplyDelete