Friday, March 19, 2010

10:2b Prayer - From South Carolina to Colorado

MRT Friends,

Almost eight years ago, my friend, Kenny Moore and I were having breakfast together and we were talking about our mutual passion to see "a vibrant family of Jesus" within easy reach of every person in Colorado. Our conversation began to settle on Luke 10. And, then on verse 2 of chapter 10. And, then on the second half of that verse.

Therefore, beseech the Lord of the Harvest to send forth workers into His harvest.

That morning, light bulbs began to turn on. If we could only do one thing towards the goal of saturation church planting in Colorado, praying this prayer would certainly be that one thing. Kenny and I made a commitment that morning to pray what we later called "the 10:2b prayer" for Colorado every day for seven days and see what we learned. Who knew all that would come from that small step! (To read more of the story, go to http://lk10.com/practices-and-patterns/the-102b-prayer/ )

Today, many of us in Colorado (and many in other places around the world) are praying that prayer daily for the our particular part of the harvest field. In the video below, you will see one of the recent answers to that prayer. It's an amazing God story of three young men in South Carolina who felt that God had called them to move to Pueblo, Colorado (2-3 hours south of Denver) to plant organic churches. As far as they knew, they would be the first to plant organic churches anywhere in Colorado! :-) Then, through a magazine article they got connected with us and we were able to spend an afternoon together a couple of weeks ago.

So, take a look at the video and tell us your thoughts. Also, it seems to me that our MRT Community should be a repository of 10:2b stories. So, let us know what you have learned as you have prayed this prayer and the answers you've seen in your part of the "field". (BTW - still waiting for a 5 minute video story from one of you all!)

John

PS. Subscription to The Abilene MRT Experiment blog that I mentioned a few days ago is by invitation only. If you are interested, contact Ron Longwell at rlongwell@mac.com






4 comments:

  1. I want to share a story of sitting in the living room visiting with these guys. There were about six apostolic leaders from the denver area who joined to welcome these three Southerners. While we were sharing stories I had this idea come to mind, "I feel like I'm sitting among the 12 with Jesus." I felt this question arise, "Too what extent do you feel a part of them?" My first thought was it is probably a high number like a 7. This medium sized 7 appeared in the center of my mind and then a large 10 came before the 7 and blocked it.

    I felt the Lord gave me this vision as an instruction to me and I think as a word for all of us. As we shared together in a time of listening at the end of our gathering, I felt the Lord inviting me to reflect more on that vision and John 17 came to mind. I felt the Lord say, you belong to one another, you are sent with one another, there is more than enough for all of you.

    It has been a special lingering vision. I think that is probably a vision for us in this project is well, regardless of proximity.

    In addition, we have a possible 10:2b answer staying in our basement at the moment. Please pray for Jace and Karen Longnecker as they discern God's direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good, inspiring stuff. Thanks for sharing the story with us. I was particularly encouraged by the idea of being an answer to someone elses prayer. That seems so awesome! Yet if you think about it, every answer to the prayer 'send labourers' involves other people.

    It's good to pray in faith, it's good to receive answers, and it's wonderful to be sent as the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hobby, you are definitely a "10"! It is so encouraging to see how the Lord is using you in the Denver area and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is so good to answer the prayers of those who seek Him with all their hearts. I am so amazed... over and over..... with the way He answers the prayer of sending laborers into the harvest. I personally am a result of that prayer, and I know so many who have been the result of MY prayers. The thing I like about hearing of Marshall and his friends is how they are already prepared for the work. We can just connect with them and join them when they come. The 'netting' together of the body of Christ just continues to grow. I am impressed. (Good to know that God still impresses us, isn't it?) :-)

    ReplyDelete