Friday, March 26, 2010

A "couple of peace" in Guadalajara

Pictured to the right: Gerardo and Carola and their kids.

Take a good look at them.

This is what a "couple of peace" looks like (Lk. 10:6). A household (okios) of peace.

From this Mexican couple have emerged at least three house churches as well as a "life project" that is meeting physical and emotional needs of hundreds of people across Mexico.

Your investment in the MRT Community will take 12 minutes today. Click the link below and then click on the podcast to listen to Tim Pynes interviewing Chadd Schroeder about Gerardo and Carola.

http://storiesfromtherevolution.blogspot.com/2010/03/conversation-with-chadd-schroeder.html

What do we, as the MRT Community, need to learn from this couple?

John


PS You can hear a slightly longer podcast about Chadd's transition from transitional, attractional church to simple/house churches here http://storiesfromtherevolution.blogspot.com/2010/03/chadd-nancy-schroeder-guadalajara.html

5 comments:

  1. Simple people doing extraordinary things! Where else can this happen... and is MEANT to happen... other than the Kingdom of God? It gives me hope in who I am, and in what God is calling me to do. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just hits me again that the "Simpler" we approach ministry, the more room God has to move creatively through us (and in us!)... may He have all the room and permission and willingness He needs from us to move mightily in new and effective ways for His kingdom in our regions!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing that comes to my mind as I think about this couple is the importance of investing deeply in the lives of others--and being patient to see what God may do with it all somewhere down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're all noticing such important things about the way Father works in our lives. It's so easy to overlook the simple and the ordinary - but it's precisely the simple and the ordinary that he loves to use!

    Here's how I see it. Love is the greatest thing of all, right? Paul says so in 1 Corinthians 13, he compares faith, hope, and love and declares that love is the greatest of the three.

    So we must love Father and love our neighbour. Simple. Jesus told us that.

    If we love someone we will pay them attention. That's a very basic truth, I cannot ignore those I love.

    If I pay attention to Father I will hear what he tells me and see what he does. If I pay attention to my neighbours I will hear what they say and see what they need.

    Peg wrote, 'Simple people doing extraordinary things!...' Artman81 wrote, '...the "Simpler" we approach ministry, the more room God has to move creatively through us...' Chadd wrote, '...the importance of investing deeply in the lives of others--and being patient...'

    Love > pay attention > see and hear
    Love > pay attention > invest deeply

    I think it really is that straightforward! Sometimes we want to think it's aboutus (what I bring, what I say, what I do). But it so isn't! It's about others.

    ReplyDelete