Thursday, April 22, 2010

CO2: From theory to real life

We've been discussing the theory of "churches of two". Today, I want you to hear a real story of transformation and healing.

Pictured to your right is Tim Morris, a graduate of Denver Seminary and a house church leader here in Denver. Recently, Tim Pynes had a conversation with Tim (Morris) about how God has used the rhythms of the CO2 to bring deep healing in his life. Go here to hear the podcast: http://storiesfromtherevolution.blogspot.com/2010/04/c02-potential-for-inner-healing.html

What do you learn from this story that gives you a clearer understanding of the CO2 rhythms? What questions does the story provoke for you?

John

1 comment:

  1. Its cool to hear Tim describe God's healing work in his life, and to notice that he got there thru these simple practices. His story resonates with my experiences too.

    Several things were underlined for me as I listened. But the one I'll mention is the need we men have to connect deeply and healthily with our own hearts and with other men--of course with the Father in the middle of it all. This fits with much of my experience in the last few years. I think this touches the wound that most all men have and addresses a universal need. It seems that when men really experience this, they know it is unique and healing...that it is potentially transformational and contagious.

    One of my questions--related to this--has to do with women connecting with one another in this way (CO2 relationships). It may be unique to my environment, but I've noticed that men, generally (of course exceptions exist), seem to be more interested in practicing this explicitly over a long period of time. The women around me don't seem to be as drawn to CO2 and these practices lived out over time.

    I guess my real question: Have you all noticed anything here about differences between men and women and CO2 relationships?

    ReplyDelete