Monday, April 12, 2010

Another "Four Generations"

The comment below from Peg Batcheller (New Mexico) on the "Four Generations" post seemed important for several reasons...

1. It's another example of CO2 spreading through four generations.

2. Peg is great example of what Noah and Kent said in the previous post about "in the right hands..."

3. It illustrates that CO2 is just as effective with Peg's Hispanic women (who probably don't have a lot of formal education) as it is with Hobby's seminary trained men.

4. Peg is also an example of a female apostle (May her tribe increase!)

See what you think...

I had the privilege of being in Albuquerque when this first came about at the conference John led. As I shared at the H2H conference in Dallas last year, when I heard and understood CO2, it's like God said, "Peggy, this is for you. You've waited all your life for this, and this is what I planned for you. You can do this." It's like everything I learned in 40 years of knowing Jesus culminated in this. I share it with people all the time. Just last week I shared it with 2 Hispanic women, and encouraged them to be a CO2. I also invited them to be a CO2 with other women in the neighborhood, and immediately their eyes opened and they caught it. One of the women does a CO2 every night on the phone with her husband who was deported back to Mexico. From John to Peggy to Cecelia to Juan, to the community.

I also want to mention the CO2 I have with Richard in Pueblo, CO. He & I meet by phone every night with SASHET & Virkler. He has also shared CO2 with many husbands and wives throughout SE Colorado. They are learning the value of opening up their hearts together and learning that family=church. Who knows how many families are now being affected there? I know many here in Albuquerque continue it as well.

Your comments?

John

7 comments:

  1. I like the thought that a brief intro to CO2 can be a seed planted in people who I may or may not get to interact with again--powerful when it lands in a good and ready heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work Peg! Your leadership is a great example to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what's happening in Christ through you Peg! Continue to live out, and report back to us what it looks like to be God's instrument in NM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've looked at this post several times, and each time I've thought, 'I have nothing to add to this'. But I've just come back one last time late at night (here in the UK, that is). And now I see something I'm burning to say!

    Peg wrote, 'when I heard and understood CO2, it's like God said, "Peggy, this is for you. You've waited all your life for this, and this is what I planned for you. You can do this." It's like everything I learned in 40 years of knowing Jesus culminated in this.'

    That's recognition, revelation, in fact it's recognition of revelation! It's what those two on the Emmaus road felt when Yahshua broke the bread. Sudden, unexpected, absolute certainty. A powerful but silent cry in the heart. 'Yes! That's it!'

    I'm sure we all understand Peggy's experience at that instant in time. We've all felt like that about different things from time to time.

    Well, I believe we need to seize that truth and examine it. Father's revelation to us about who we are in him and what he has in store for us often hits us like a blinding flash of light. We can't follow a method, even CO2 can be a dead method if the wrong people persist in it without the revelation of its true function and value.

    I must learn to be guided by revelation, I must eagerly expect the next revelation to come - unexpectedly! It's only when I look back that I can see the path I've followed, hung with precious gems of revelation. So only faith can take me forward from where I am today.

    Let's expect that Father will give all of us continuing flashes of truth that will take us further on the journey, to know ourselves better, to understand his purpose better, and to do his will more fully. May it all be to the glory of his holy Name. HalleluYah!

    There is a next step for each of us, we just don't know yet what it will be!

    John made four numbered points as to why Peg's post was important. We can only generalise from what has already been revealed to us. Right now we are undoubtedly seeing and experiencing new things that we have not yet been able to generalise from. I think that's extremely exciting.

    Am I making any sense (or am I just rambling)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris, I think you are making total sense! Isn't this what Paul had in mind when he prayed "that the eyes of your heart might be opened"?

    One application of this central truth is that when I talk to someone about doing a CO2 I don't ask, "Is this something you would like to do?" Rather, I frame it this way, "Ask the Lord if this is something He wants you to do." Living by revelation is what we are called to just like Jesus in Jn. 5:19.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In reading Chris' post I think I realize CO2 may not have survived had you not "got it" Peg. It actually took me a little while to get it. I had a few things to deconstruct in my heart. I appreciate very much John's patience with me. I remember John coming back and telling us of the Albuquerque experiment and keeping us posted on how Peg was doing. I think it was significant to our movement that you adopted it so quickly and found great fruit. I'm not sure to what extent either of you John or Peg see the story that way, but it seems like a cool realization of our story to me.

    I pray that the eyes of our heart will be enlightened. I pray that we will have a Spirit of wisdom and revelation that we can get the things God has for us and our communities. May it be so Lord Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how to forward this message to Chris & Hobby, but just today (June 27,10) I read these notes for the first time. I am so touched by your comments, and I appreciate your affirmation. It was truly God's revelation that set me free that weekend last year, when the concept of CO2 was started. (It wasn't even called that til a few weeks later.) I am glad that even in a little way I have encouraged you guys, and that we are in this together. Thanks. (John, can you forward this to Chris & Hobby?)

    ReplyDelete