Friday, July 16, 2010

Trouble for Dan Bo Bo

Dan (name withheld for security reasons) has been a house church guy for a long time. God has used him to train church planters in many countries around the world.

I sent him a copy of our new eBook. He graciously took time to read it and sent back some encouraging comments as well as some stories of his own experiences that illustrate some of our values. See below for a wonderful story about hearing God's voice.

John


China:
In teaching the servant leaders "How to Hear God", I used my relationship with my wife as an illustration: One day while I was teaching these students, my wife called me in China from the States. My Chinese interpreter took the call and handed me the cell phone.

After I finished our conversation, I asked the students about what if I didn't recognize my wife's voice and were to have asked her, 'Who is this?" They didn't know much English but several students shouted back to me "Trouble for Dan Bo Bo!"(My Chinese name) Then I asked them about how our Heavenly Father must feel when we don't recognize and obey His voice and say to Him, "Who is this?" This illustration transformed their concept of hearing and obeying God.

No comments:

Post a Comment