Saturday, July 3, 2010

Man/woman of peace (1)























This concept of a "man/woman of peace" is so critical to planting healthy house churches. If you have one of these people, starting a new church is almost effortless. On the other hand, if you don't have one of these people, starting a new church is almost impossible.

So, if God has called us join Him in planting churches, we must be clear about what a "person of peace" is. What do they look like? How do you know when you have one (or a whole house full of them)? What do you do with them when you find them?

In order to get clearer about this vital concept, I want to invite you to join me in living in a "house of peace" for the next week. What I mean is that I want you to dwell with me in the home of Martha and Mary (Lk. 10:38-41) every day for a week. Let's look around this house and this story and see what we can learn about people of peace and how Jesus relates to them.

Are you "in"?

John

6 comments: