Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Re-posting

Sometime God speaks to you about a particular blog post and you know the message will encourage others as well. Sending that post along to others is a simple but powerful way to "spread the word". Peg Batcheller is on a regular conference call to a group of women leaders. Recently, she re-posted the message below to her friends.

John



Ladies,
A few months ago John White invited me to join his interactive blog for Regional Leaders... http://regionalrevolutionaries.blogspot.com/ This is more than for those who lead a house church, but for those whose vision is much larger, for cities, regions, states, etc. As we talked last night, not only did he need to initiate the invitation, but I needed to respond, and to commit myself to work alongside him and others. I believe this has been a great example of Deborah and Barak, and the inspiration it gives to many of the other men (and few women) who interact with this site. I just wanted to share with you this mutual encouragement that transpires here.
Thanks for the call last night. I was very motivated and encouraged, and God is using these calls to define and clarify my thinking about what God is doing in our midst.
Blessings to you all,
Peg

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Prevenience in Albuquerque

The email below from Peg Batcheller illustrates prevenience - God motivating this woman to call Peg.

This lady believed that if their house church "leader" left that the church could no longer function. (Sounds like traditional church thinking!) I love that Peg and Richard have been captured by a whole different way of thinking and are teaching it to many. The new paradigm is that every believer is truly a priest and that every household is a church. And, from those households, the Kingdom begins to flow into every neighborhood.

Way to go, Peg! We pray that the Lord will motivate many more calls just like this one.

Tell us your story of God taking the initiative.

John


I received a call from a woman who has been in a house church setting with a few others for the past few years. Their "leader" had to move out of town, so they were wondering if there were other HCs they could 'join' to continue receiving teaching. When I shared my heart about each household becoming a 'vital family of Jesus within close access of each neighborhood', she came alive again with a refreshed hope of revitalizing her group of friends. We'll be getting together soon, and I'm sure God will do a new and refreshing work in their circle of friends. Coincidentally, my ex-husband & I attended their house church gathering about 6 years ago, and she remembers me. It will be interesting to see how God has worked in my life over the years, and to see how God has been preparing them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment