Saturday, June 12, 2010

Daily Check in on First Five

As you know, we have two cohorts of MRTs this summer. I facilitate one and Hobby Chapin facilitates the other. One of the benefits of this is that each cohort can learn from the other. Hobby posted the following proposal to his cohort and I want to suggest that we also do what he is suggesting.

We want to propose a modification in the expectation of daily check ins on the blog posts. What we have proposed is that you spend your first five minutes on-line each day reading the post and interacting with the content and one another in the comment page. I realize that may be tough for some of you.

Our modified proposal is that you read daily. Continue to step into the practice of the first five. The modification is that you simply post, "I'm in." That way we feel one another's presence. If you have a comment, you are welcome to leave it. Then, we will ask that toward the end of the week you take time to reflect on the topic of the week by sharing a story or a question or an insight pertaining to our weeks posts. By the end of the week you will have checked in 5 times or so and hopefully commented once or twice.

So, let's practice. For this post, please do not comment more than these two words--but no less than these two words--"I'm in."


6 comments:

  1. Eastern European MissionaryJune 13, 2010 at 7:33 AM

    I'm in for today.

    In the future I may skip a day or two, or a week or two, due to Internet availability or unavailability. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peg, I responded to your question from "What does your MRT look like?" Great question, I would love to hear your thoughts as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard & I are in, but back in Pueblo this week.... times on line might be limited. Ah, you know.... I'm always in!

    Thanks Hobby, I'll take a look. Had a GREAT time in Ruidoso with 30 other leaders/church planters in Southern NM. What is God up to? (sorry - said more than you asked for!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome, Wade! I just talked to Jim Mellon this morning and he told me who you are and the cool things going on in Killeen. I would love to hear more! Send me an email and I'll send you some more info about MRTs. DenverWH@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in (a day late and a dollar short).

    ReplyDelete