Thursday, February 25, 2010

MRT Introduction: Aurora (Colorado)

MRT Friends,

I hesitated to put two posts about the Denver area back to back (see yesterday's) but I decided to go ahead for two reasons.

First, because I want you to see the potential of MRTs multiplying within a particular city or region. I don't want to have one MRT in Denver. I want a hundred. Within the City of Denver there are 52 distinct neighborhoods. And, there are probably 20 or more suburbs like Aurora in the Metropolitan Area. How about an MRT in every one! Can you picture that where you are?

Second, I want you to see again how easy it is to do an interview like this. (Remember, if I can do it... anyone can!) As I had coffee with Sean this morning (Thursday), I was listening for stories. As a "mad scientist", I'm always on the alert for what God is up to, for alternative stories. And, with my trusty iPhone, I'm ready to "collect" them at any time.

Your observations about these comments and about the video below?

John

PS Some of you (like me) have an email service that blocks the actual video. You will need to go to our site to see it and to make comments.


6 comments:

  1. John,

    I like these video interviews! I hope you can make it out to Chicago, and of course out to Hawaii! :) Keep up the great work. This site is already becoming a library of insights on the subject of MRTs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicago? Do they have snow there? :-)

    Library. Yes, that's a great term for our growing collection of "Tags" in the right hand column. As you know, I'm new to this world of blogging and it was fun to see the "library" develop on "Stories from the Revolution". And, now it's beginning to happen here. I think this is an important "learning" about how to do "communities of practice".

    By the way, if any of you sees that I've missed an important Tag on one of the posts, please let me know and I'll add it. I just realized that I need to add "mission flows from listening" to today's video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim Pynes just pointed out that there are actually 79 neighborhoods in the City of Denver (not 52 as I had said).

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Denver_neighborhoods

    See... I need lots of help! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested in the idea of doing interviews, I don't have an iPhone but I might experiment with the video function on my Canon G9.

    Meanwhile I should introduce myself, I'm Chris Jefferies from St Neots in the UK. St Neots is not far from Cambridge (in the east of England). If you'd like to see something of organic church in our area visit All About Jesus. John White invited me to join the MRT experiment so here I am, still a bit vague but glad to be with you all and eager to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris (and Sean), Welcome! Delighted to have some other "mad scientists" join us from across the Pond. When you have time, send me a 2-3 paragraph description of your MRT and I'll send it out as a post to everyone. (Chris, reading your profile makes me think that you really are a scientist. Is that the case?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the things that keeps coming to my mind as I watch the videos is that video interviews seem to communicate so effectively, contagiously and in multifaceted ways that written material is not able to do. I'm thinking of Mexicans and the obstacles to the viral spread of the kingdom here. I sense God wants me to experiment more in this area. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete