Tuesday, August 10, 2010

10:2b Story (Part One)

*Note: we will discontinue this blog soon. To continue to receive exactly the same posts, go to "StoriesfromtheRevolution" and subscribe to the that blog (scroll down the right column and type your address in the subscription box). http://storiesfromtherevolution.blogspot.com/2010/08/102b-story-part-one.html


The DNA of our Luke Ten Community focuses on seven key practices. (To see all seven, go here: http://lk10.com/media/lk10_visionpaper_2_0.pdf )

The fourth practice is in obedience to Jesus' command in Luke 10, verse 2, part b. We sometimes call this the "10:2b Prayer". This was Jesus' solution to a specific problem. Namely, "the harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few". To Jesus the answer was obvious - ask the Harvest Master for more laborers.

So, what does a "10:2b answer" look like? In this three part series, you will see three examples of harvest laborers sent out by the Harvest Master.

First, in the video below (the first of three parts), you will see Hobby Chapin who was a "10:2b answer" here in Denver over a year ago. Hobby has become a good friend and a very effective church planter in Brighton (north of Denver). Tomorrow, you will see what happened as Hobby prayed the 10:2b Prayer.

John





1 comment:

  1. Man that guy was good looking and sounded very intelligent!! We need to see more of him :) Wouldn't you all agree?!

    I will admit, I am constantly on the lookout for people. But, sometimes it is hard for me to be relentless in the 10:2b prayer. I'm sure some of you who have stepped into this prayer struggle in consistency as I do. I'm curious to hear what those of you who are consistent recommend for developing consistency in a simple discipline like the 10:2b prayer.

    The thing that is in the front of my mind when I am consistent is that it is God who is the primary mover in building his church. When the shift occurs in my thinking where I am very responsible for the growth, I sometimes lose track.

    I will recommend to you from this post that you check out the 7 practices John posted. Very good foundational practices. They have been very transformative for me.

    ReplyDelete